-

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Soap Balls Tutorial


Exploding Soap Balls

Found this recipe in a book (sorry I can't remember which book) that I purchased through a book club. Know the little boys and girls will have fun with these.

What you will need.....

  • 2 1/4 c baking soda
  • 1 c citric acid
  • 1 c cornstarch
  • bowls, large and small
  • essential oils
  • food coloring
  • mister filled with water
  • small ice cream scoop
  • waxed paper
What to do.....

  • First... mix baking soda, citric acid & cornstarch in a large bowl
  • Second... take out half of this mixture and put in your small bowl. Set aside the large bowl for later use. In the small bowl, add a few drops of your fragrant oils and a few drops of food coloring. Mix well.
  • Third... take another 1/2 of the mixture and add it to your small bowl. Mist with water so it sticks together. DO NOT add to much or the mixture will fizz.
  • Fourth... Use a small ice cream scoop to form soap balls. Be CAREFUL when shaping them. They will be fragile and may fall apart. Then transfer them to wax paper.
  • Fifth... Get 1/2 c of the mixture from the large bowl and repeat steps 2-4 until you have used up all your dry mixture.
  • Six... Let your soap bombs dry for a minimum of 24 hours on the waxed paper.
HAVE FUN MAKING THESE FUN EXPLODING SOAP BALLS. YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE DROPPING THEM IN THE BATH WATER. DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A VARIETY OF COLORS.


Other uses....

  • Display them in a clear jar on the counter for easy access.
  • Give them as party favors
  • Make great mothers day gifts
  • Take them outside and let the kiddos make them fizz in puddles or buckets outside.



33 comments:

  1. I've tried these but they always fizzzz out while I'm making them, lol. Here from follow friday!
    My Wellness Blog
    ANDMy blog, blog lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love craft blogs and your's rocks.

    My kids love bath bombs, been there made them.

    I am now a Friday Follower can't wait to be inspired by you.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. These are fun for the kids. Make great gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm follwoing you via the "Friday Follow" :)

    Great idea by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i used to make these all of the time! Way better than those crappy ones you buy.

    Happy Friday Follow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, really? Exploding??? Sounds super cool!

    Thanks for linking up at Friday Follow. I am already following and stopping over to say hello. Happy Friday Follow!

    ~ Lynn
    http://www.middayescapades.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by to say hello with Friday Follow.

    Felissa
    www.felissahadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower from follow Friday. You can find me blogging here:

    http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow cool.

    Stopping by to say hello. Thank you for joining the hop this week.

    Tami
    www.heartsmakefamilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. FRIDAY FOLLOW ~ GLAD YO MEET YOU

    ReplyDelete
  11. Following from Friday Follow! Have a great weekend ☺

    http://stoictia.blogspot.com

    Great tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Came by from Friday Follow....can't wait to try these! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great! I am from Friday Follow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! Following from FF - and following on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea!

    Stopping by from Friday Follow! I am a new follower. :)

    Join me and link up for Furry Friday Follow at My Pet Savings!

    Kristy

    http://www.mypetsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. friday follower

    please return favor!!!


    mavericks mommy
    http://mavericksmommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stopping by Friday Follow.

    I became a follower.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Following you with Friday follow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These exploding soap balls sound so neat. I want to try making these. I am already following your blog. Happy Friday Follow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am stopping by from Friday Follow. I am now your newest follower. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  21. Friday Follow - Those are great! My boys like anything that explode!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Neat craft!

    `Friday Follow`

    ReplyDelete
  23. One of "resolutions" for the year was to rediscover my crafty side...PERFECT!!! I am trying this out tomorrow! lol
    (I'm here from friday follower and am now following)

    http://theboyslockerroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. How cool! I have never made or owned anything like this!

    Already following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Going to have to try this!
    I think the boys will love it!
    Following from Friday Follows!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these Thanks for joining this week and posting. I'm already following you. Sorry I have been around. I'm switching over to Wordpress so my blog is down. I'll be back soon though.

    Happy Follow Friday!

    Tami
    www.heartsmakefamilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. From Friday Follow. Hello and have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. We love these and I never thought about trying to make them myself!
    Stopping by from Fri Follows - I'm a new follower. Love to have you stop by: http://dimes2vines.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. TOTALLY in love with your blog. Thank goodness for FF! I am a big crafty person myself but you have a million ideas that I have never done! WOO HOO!

    I am following your from FF-come follow back please. Looking forward to reading your blog! Juiana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's cool. I bet my son would love that. Following from Friday Follow...come on over and visit us..and follow too! Thanks
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi I'm a FRIDAY FOLLOWER and I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(