Exploding Soap Balls
Found this recipe in a book (sorry I can't remember which book) that I purchased through a book club. Know the little boys and girls will have fun with these.
- 2 1/4 c baking soda
- 1 c citric acid
- 1 c cornstarch
- bowls, large and small
- essential oils
- food coloring
- mister filled with water
- small ice cream scoop
- waxed paper
What to do.....
- First... mix baking soda, citric acid & cornstarch in a large bowl
- Second... take out half of this mixture and put in your small bowl. Set aside the large bowl for later use. In the small bowl, add a few drops of your fragrant oils and a few drops of food coloring. Mix well.
- Third... take another 1/2 of the mixture and add it to your small bowl. Mist with water so it sticks together. DO NOT add to much or the mixture will fizz.
- Fourth... Use a small ice cream scoop to form soap balls. Be CAREFUL when shaping them. They will be fragile and may fall apart. Then transfer them to wax paper.
- Fifth... Get 1/2 c of the mixture from the large bowl and repeat steps 2-4 until you have used up all your dry mixture.
- Six... Let your soap bombs dry for a minimum of 24 hours on the waxed paper.
HAVE FUN MAKING THESE FUN EXPLODING SOAP BALLS. YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE DROPPING THEM IN THE BATH WATER. DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A VARIETY OF COLORS.
- Display them in a clear jar on the counter for easy access.
- Give them as party favors
- Make great mothers day gifts
- Take them outside and let the kiddos make them fizz in puddles or buckets outside.