-

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Lilies

yay! I actually have a holiday craft for you
BEFORE the holiday.
Granted Easter IS tomorrow
but this is one that won't take long...
and you probably have the supplies on hand.

What you need:
a small child's hand (or your own)
white card stock
green and yellow pipe cleaners
a pencil
scissors
tape

Start by tracing your child's hands
then cut out the hands and erase the pencil marks.Then curl the fingers all in the same direction,
then sort of curl the hand so the curled fingers face out.Cut the yellow pipe cleaner in half
and twist it around a pencil.
Tape the yellow pipe cleaner to the inside of the hand
Then attach the green pipe cleaner to the bottom,
wrap it around a few times and then what I did
was brought the bottom end back to the top
and wrap the two together (does that make sense?)And you're done...told you it was easy!
These would make a great centerpiece,
or great gifts for grandparents,
neighbors, or just about anyone!Can't wait to hear if you try this with your kids.
My little Naomi was so proud of her flowers
and can't wait to give them to grammy.
She tries to smell them too and tells me
how beautiful they smell...
oh to have the imagination of a three year old.My prayer is that this Easter you would
know the love of Jesus Christ
who died on the cross just for you and took away your sins
a little more everyday.
If you were the only person in the world,
He still would have gone through all
that pain, suffering, and separation from God
JUST FOR YOU!
You are loved with and EVERLASTING love!!!!

Jamie's Signature #2

10 comments:

  1. That is the cutest "hand craft" I have seen! I hope I remember all of these ideas when I have grandchildren (which won't be anytime soon since my son is NOT married and we are pushing it lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful Jamie. Haven't seen this before. Thanks for sharing. We will have to do this. I am getting in my pipe cleaner stash now. Trying to pack for the trip. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! I love them and that they are so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! That's easy peasy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so precious, thanks for sharing! It makes me want to have a kid or two so we can make Easter flowers....after I A) Get married. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you sharing this craft. I wish I had found it before easter but I just know my mother in law will love a "bouquet" of these for Mother's Day (Yay!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this, am a new follower to your blog
    angelina

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE these! I might use it tomorrow night with a child's class I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post earned you a favorite pin on my Pinterest Online Scavenger Hunt. I love how simple and yet so beautiful these are. See it at http://www.kidscreativechaos.com and
    http://pinterest.com/kidschaos/pin-it-online-scavenger-hunt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Finstagr.am%2Fp%2FK1L5c4onGE%2F&h=wAQHh87PG

    Made a version of this for my 18 month old daughters Sunday school teacher, using hand prints from every child. I used 2 sets of the same print in 2 different colors to make each flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(