-

Friday, October 11, 2013

Prime Rib & Pumpkin Stew...

I wanted to use some left over pumpkin puree, see my recipe for Sugar Free Pumpkin Cookies hereAnyHoo...It was cold and rainy! 
Stew sounded really GOOD! A recipe POPPED into MY head and I was OFF & Running!
Prime Rib & Pumpkin Stew...
Prime Rib & Pumpkin Stew
One package of pasta (I used whole wheat spirals)
1 medium onion, chopped fine
1 large family size Tomato Soup can
1 can peas, do not drain
1 can of corn, do not drain
2 packages of brown gravy
1 1/2 cups of Red wine, (I used Cabernet)
4 cups of water
1 1/2 pounds of cooked Prime Rib, cut into small chunks
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
Cumin spice to taste, I used a heavy dash
Parsley, to taste
Garlic Salt & Black pepper to taste
**Sour cream; per serving, 1 dollop...optional
Cook in a large crock pot or a stock pot on the stove until noodles are cooked through. 
1. Mix; soup, pumpkin, gravy, waster and spices...Mix well.
Add remaining ingredients & Stir well.
Let simmer on High until pasta is cooked.
Ingredients for the stew...
Add water to the tomato & pumpkin
Wine added....Mmmm, maybe a little for ME too! :)
Prime rib cut & ready to add
Onion, chopped and ready
Everything is in the POT! Add small amounts of water if too thick.
OMG...This smells wonderful.....
I had several taste testers for this Stew and got RAVE REVIEWS!!!
It was THE most AWESOME STEW EVER!!!
A DeLish Dish with Style...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(