-

Monday, July 29, 2013

My Danish Table...

My Danish Table
I found this very sturdy and well built table at a local thrift store a while back.
I was told it had been put on consignment by a local family dispersing their parents belongings. I love the wide seats and its stable nature. It looks to be a late fifties, contemporary danish style. I could not find a furniture mark of any kind, but you can tell it was fairly pricey piece of furniture for its day.
 I found some beautiful furniture fabric on clearance at Beverly's...It set the tone for my choice of color for the table. A light taupe paint with a dark walnut stain applied on top...finished with a buffed wax.
Resulting in a distressed weathered look!
 It had some "use" but was in excellent shape. This photo was taken at night so the true color is distorted. It was a light blond finish with a heavy grain. I am not sure what type of wood this is....If any one has an idea....I would love to hear it!
I love the extension ends for the tables two extra leaves... very solid.
 A close up of the "BEFORE" finish on the table.
 The chair before I re padded & recovered. The original color for the seat was an orange, gold and green, large tweed.
 A close up of the original grain.....
 The table after the redo paint/stain combo...
 The padding, and new fabric...
 Finished project
 I love the results...
 She's got Style...
Very happy how she turned out! She looks great in the small kitchen located in my studio...
A Little Country Danish Style...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(