-

Saturday, October 6, 2012

freezer paper stenciled shirts, and other random goodies!

We've had a busy week around here...how are the rest of you doing?! Monday we celebrated our oldest daughters sixth birthday! She had an awesome day...Dunkin Donuts for breakfast with dad, school, lunch at Red Lobster with the family (including grammy and papa), presents, cake and a classmates birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese! She had a great day and declared "I'm a grown up now".

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary! Can't believe it's been ten years already!! We were able to have lunch at my parents house and then they watched the kiddos so we could go out for dinner and a movie! It's been almost a YEAR since we've been in a theatre! Crazy! We saw "Trouble with the Curve" and I thought it was a pretty good movie! 

No baby yet...but I've been nesting that's for sure. Thursday night I spent a few hours cleaning up the MESS in my bedroom...my craft area. I blogged about the craft area clean up on my blog because I'm joining a couple of others with the great October Overhaul....it's not too late to join if you need a craft area overhaul too!! I can't wait to share my after photos!! My daughter came into my room the next morning and did a double take...and my mom was wondering if she was in the right house when she stepped foot into my bedroom last night! So I guess that means that my cleaning has an impact. It does on me as well because now I know where my supplies are! I have also cleaned things that have probably only been cleaned once or twice since we moved into this house! My house thanks me for nesting ;)

Next Friday my little girl turns 2!! It's a crazy, busy, fun month for all of us here...well, except for Micah, he can't understand why everyone else gets presents and he gets none!

I made an outfit for Naomi's birthday, and I also made shirts for her classmate and Micah's whose birthday party we went to on Monday. Freezer paper stenciling is amazing and I love doing it. The six die on Naomi's shirt was all my husbands idea!! He's pretty creative too ;)

Well, I'm going to go and think baby thoughts and see what we can do to get things moving along!! And it's not too late to enter the giveaway (by guessing baby's birthDAY and other stats) that I posted about last week!!!! I will keep you posted on her arrival!!


3 comments:

  1. This morning I got out the huge suitcase that I had bought at a yard sale to only use for my winter clothes..and then when spring comes for my summer clothes..I switch them around and put them in this suitcase.. I put all my hangers when the season starts backwards in my closet.. Then when it's time to change the season all the hangers that are still backwards ~ means I didn't wear it and it's off to Goodwill pile..Good way of getting rid of things you don't wear.. So this morning I got all my winter stuff out and went through all my summer stuff.. Goodwill box was handy to put things in I didn't wear. So now I'm ready for cool weather.. Yeah~! I love this suitcase.. I got one for Ben and that is what I do with his clothes ~ that is if they will fit him for the next season. I always know where to find his swimsuit in the winter time if we go to a hotel...
    Good Luck with the baby.. God has a plan for the day and the time.. I'm not going to try and guess. Just be prepared and when it's time you will be ready to go..
    ta ta for now from Iowa:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the backwards hanger idea before and I think it's brilliant! maybe when I put my maternity clothes away and get out my regular clothes again I will do the same thing.

      I know God has a plan for this baby and I'm just waiting on His timing! Thanks for the encouragement!!

      Delete
  2. Very Cute Jamie! Love all of them. And I pinned all of them too. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(