-

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

T-Shirt Scarf - Part 3

Hi Everyone! Are you ready for another t-shirt scarf? For those of you who haven't been here, I have been sharing a different tutorial for a t-shirt scarf every week. Visit Part 1 and Part 2 to see what I have already shared.

....Today's Scarf....
Today's scarf is very easy to make. I don't have a lot of pictures today. You won't need them. 
Just grab an old t-shirt. Use a salad plate and a piece of cardstock to make a template. Cut as many circles as you can from your shirt. I was able to get 12 circles from an xlarge shirt. Next, cut each circle in a spiral pattern.
Stretch all the pieces out. When you stretch out the spiral it looks wavy.
Now just take a scrap piece of fabric and tie all the pieces together. You can also just tie a knot instead of the scrap fabric, but I didn't like the thickness of the knot on my neck. Using a scrap piece made it more comfortable.
I got a request for me to model my scarf. LOL I don't usually model them myself. My daughter volunteered to wear this scarf this week. She looks cute. In fact, my girls have been wearing all of them to school. I haven't even been able to wear one yet. They have even got teacher gift requests. LOL That will make things easy. Anyway, here is my model for this cute scarf.
I like this scarf because it is light. You can wear it anytime of the year as a cute accessory. I haven't tried it yet, but it would be cute to take a few pieces and braid them too.

Also, while making these beautiful scarfs, I was able to make one for my daughter's friends birthday. I used the no sew method. I had to share it today because I love how it turned out. I used one of my dad's shirts. My mom had bought my dad and my hubby these bright tie dye shirts as a gag gift. Who knew that they would make great t-shirt scarfs.
My mom helped me make this one and you can check out her tutorial HERE. Oh and I got my mom to model it. LOL I promised close ups only.
Aren't the colors gorgeous!?! 
I am definitely making more of these! 
My mom has a really great blog (Pine Creek Style) that you would love. Make sure you check out her past posts and let her know I sent ya. If you love what you see, follow too! When she reaches 100 followers, she is giving away a beautiful set of jewelry made by her!

Visit the link here to read about the giveaway.
You could win this jewelry below.
Have a great day everyone. Be back here tonight to link up to the Create and Share Party!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Tara for the wonderful plug regarding Pine Creek Style.....that was a nice surprise.....love you to the moon and back! Mama NeeCee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty scarves...again :)love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(