-

Monday, October 3, 2011

Cookie Gift Jars

This week for our 12 Weeks of Christmas Gifts....
The gift is for an acquaintance!
Visit HERE to see past and upcoming Gift ideas.

And please visit HERE to view the gifts we have already posted!

Don't forget to grab the Christmas Gifts Button in the sidebar!!!

| Cookie Gift Jars |

What you will need...
Canning Jars
Spray Paint
String
Scrapbook Paper
Hole Punch
Ornaments
Hot Glue Gun
Cookies

My family "LOVES" Snickerdoodles! So we decided to make up a batch for our gift. We stacked a few in a jar and topped them with some adorable ornaments and gift tags. Check out what we did below!!!

Start by making up a bunch of delicious Snickerdoodles. YUM!
Get some jars. In this post I am showing 4. Fill them up with 5 or six cookies. Make sure your cookies are small enough to fit in your jars.
Next, spray paint the jar lids. I like using canning jars. I didn't use traditional Christmas colors this time. I like the bright colors.
I found all these ornaments at a yard sale. Great deal and they are so cool!
Cut out some tags and get some string or ribbon to tie them on the jars. I used scrapbook paper to cut out my tags. Hole punched them and strung them on the string.
Now all you have to do is pick out some ornaments for the tops of your jars!!! The kids had fun picking them out for me. They wanted to keep them, but thought it was fun that they get to hand them out as gifts! All we did was use the hot glue gun to secure them on the jar lid.
The nice thing about the canning jar lids, is you can change the colors around. I think I like them better all mixed up!

Aren't they cute? And so fun to hand out too!

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea, theses are so cute!
    ~JamieS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JamieS! I look forward to making more of them with all the ornaments I found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so darling! pinning it now!
    xoxo, kelli & kristi (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, these are SOOOOO cute!!! I love them! I'm definitely doing this for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I'd love it if you shared them at my link party going on at www.projectqueen.org

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing :)

    Corie @ Design DNA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute and those cookies look so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Everyone!!! They are yummy Elly! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I DO love these!! I'm totally into recycling and have done some projects with jars. These are on my Christmas list for sure --i've got some canning jars to repurpose!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!!! I added it to my pintrest

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(