Make your very own CHEESE CRACKERS and save!
These tasty treats will be a hit with the kids. Whether you like them plain, with a pinch of salt or with added seasonings, you will love them. This is a very simple recipe, so easy to make and it will save you tons. You can always buy bulk and save a little, but there is nothing like get
ting in the kitchen with the kids and teaching them how to make their own crackers.
What you will need...
- 2 c. sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (be creative and use Jack or both)
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- Clean solid surface for rolling
- knife (let mom and dad use this)
- Plastic Wrap
- Baking Sheet
- Cooking Spray
What to do...
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F.
- Mix together the flour and salt.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Then stir in the melted butter until cheese dough is firm.
- Wrap in Plastic Wrap & chill for 30 min. This makes the dough easier to work.
- Roll the chilled dough into long ropes.
- Cut ropes in 1/4 in. pieces.
- Place them on a lightly greased baking sheet keeping them about an inch apart. (take a fork and poke each cracker. You can also form them into squares if you like, just work them with your fingers, this is fun for kids too!)
- Bake each batch for 20-25 min. until lightly toasted on the bottoms of the crackers. Also make sure the tops of the crackers are firm to touch.
- Take them out to cool and then enjoy
- Making this a fun activity for you and the kids ~ Teach your kids about measurements. Let them do the stirring and rolling. After you cut them out show them how to place them 1 in. apart on the baking sheet. Your kids will be proud of what they made.
- Adding this to a Mommy & Me activity ~ Have crackers ready made, but also have Mommy's help their little ones make the dough. Let them take home the dough so they can chill it then bake at home. (be sure to do this towards the end of your Mommy and me day so the dough stays fresh until they get home)
- Ask your child's teacher if you can bring these yummy treats in for snack day. Include a recipe for the school so they can make it with the kids too! You can even print up cute cards with the recipe on them to send home with each student.
- Make a big patch of these up and make a party mix by adding peanuts, cheerios, pretzels and fruit bits.
- Roll them out and cut into different shapes. (squares, diamonds, circles, stars, ect.)
Have fun making and saving with these yummy Cheese Crackers!
I couldn't find my photos. Sorry. These wonderful photos courtesy of Google Images.
Thank you Google Images!