-

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Easy Taco Soup

EASY TACO SOUP

I don't know how to make a lot of soups...but this one I can now make from memory. We eat this soup all the time (and we live in a warm climate...it's THAT good and easy).

First let me give you the recipe and then my take on the recipe.


What you will need:
1 lb ground beef
1 (15oz) can kidney beans
1 (15oz) can corn
2 (15oz) can ranch style beans
1 (15oz) can hominy
1 (15oz) can Rotel tomatoes
2 cup water
1/2 pkg. taco seasoning
1 envelope Hidden valley ranch dressing

Brown ground beef and drain. Set aside for later use. Drain corn and hominy. In 5 quart pan combine all ingredients. Simmer soup mixture for approximately 1 hour. Add any of the following for garnish; avocado wedges, sour cream, grated cheese, tortilla chips. Add more taco seasoning if you desire a more spicy mixture. Makes 8 generous servings.


(please ignore the tablecloth it's an old photo)
Variations:
  • The recipe calls for water but I usually use chicken stock...use whatever suits your fancy!
  • When I don't have taco seasoning on hand I use a teaspoon of cumin and red pepper flakes and a tablespoon of chili powder.
  • You could obviously use whatever beans you have on hand.
  • We top this soup with shredded cheese and sour cream, and eat it with our favorite Mission Chips!

My kiddos love this soup and as long as I don't make it too spicy they usually ask for more. My daughter has been known to pretend to make this for her babies! I just took it to a friend who recently had a baby and she told me it was the best taco soup she'd ever had!
Try it!
You'll like it!

Jamie's Signature #2

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks good..Im saving this one..and pretty healthy too..Thanks..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks Jamie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(