-

Friday, August 10, 2012

Cake Batter Cookies

So last night I made some yummy Cake Batter Cookies. They turned out so, so good.  And it kills me because I am trying to eat better. Lower my calories, workout more, you know. But one little bite won't hurt? right?!? LOL

We made two batches of these goodies. Some to keep at home, but mostly to share with family and friends. I just wanted to try something new. Kids love them. We took some out to my hubby and our employee and they loved them too. Hubby said he could eat up 4 more right then. So I am sure you will like this recipe. 

As I said above, I made two batches (recipe below) but then separated them into 3 bowls. I wanted to try 3 different mix ins.
First one was just the batter with milk chocolate chips mixed in.
Second was batter, white and milk chocolate chips and walnuts.
Third we mixed in white chocolate chips, walnuts and dried cranberries into the batter. (my favorite)
They all kinda look the same though. ;)
After cookies these delightful cookies, they looked like this.
Who wouldn't want to gobble them up. My own little Guilty Pleasure!
Now for the recipe! I know you all want to know the secret! No secret here. I just used Paula Deen's recipe for Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies that I found on the Food Network site. 

...what you will need for one batch of cookies...
1 stick of butter
1 - 8 oz. block of cream cheese
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 - 18 oz. box of cake mix
Powdered Sugar

...Mix ins...
don't mix in all, these are just suggestions to add in
milk, white or dark chocolate chips, nuts of your choice, dried fruits, coconut, toffee chips, peanut butter chips, candies, ect.

Before you get started, you will want to set out the cream cheese and butter so they get to room temperature. Once they are ready cream the butter and cream cheese together with your mixer.  Mix in your egg then add in the vanilla extract. Beat well until smooth. Lastly, just mix in your cake mix until you have a gooey, sticky batter.

The batter is too sticky to work with, so you want to refrigerate the batter for a minimum of 1 1/2 hours so it is workable. I made mine late, so I only baked a few after the 1 1/2 went by.  I left the remaining batter in overnight and they just as good when I cooked them.

Note...after 1 1/2 hours the batter will still be fluffy and soft. Overnight batter will be stiffer but just as easy to work with. They both cook the same, so don't feel bad if you have to leave the batter in the fridge until later. I just don't recommend more that 8 hours.

Ok, now your batter is ready to work. This is when you will use the powdered sugar. YUM! Set your oven at 350 degrees. Then roll the batter into balls, about 1 tablespoon size for small cookies and 2 tablespoon for larger. Just remember, larger cookies may take a bit more time to cook. Coat the balls in powdered sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet. I tried with out using greased and I don't prefer it. Cook for 9-12 minutes depending on your oven.

Once cooked, the cookies will stay soft and gooey. Yes they are cooked through. Just in case you were curious. Let cool and sprinkle with more powdered sugar. They are ready to enjoy and share.

We made enough to share and will be taking them to friends and family today. If we kept them all here, we would be in trouble. Ha!Ha! So go to the store and get the ingredients, you will want to make these today!!!

Don't forget to pin this recipe! ;)

1 comment:

  1. they look yummy! I am going to have to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(