-

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Vintage Luggage Makeover

This beautiful case belonged to my grandma. She gave it to my mom and my mom recently gave it to me. YEAH! I have admired it for years! So I was very excited to take this home! I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!
This is what she looked like inside!It had been decorated a couple times. LOL First with what was like contact paper. And then the rose wallpaper. It pealed right off. However the paper did not come off to good. I decided to get off as much as I could and just decorate over it!
I found some scrapbook paper at Michael's on clearance for 98 cents. I loved it and thought it was perfect for my vintage case. I was really excited to get home and see how well the greens went together. This paper was made for this!
I tore up the paper (I wanted the torn look) and used Matte Mod Podge to secure it into place. I covered the whole inside of the case.
Here is a pic of the finished mod podging. I think it turned out pretty cool!
When you close it, because of the fabric, the paper bubbles. So I added some cute fabric to make it look a little more finished. I just ironed the fabric and hot glued it into place. It matched great too!
I even added a little fabric to the outside handle. Its so cute. Glad I decided to do that!
I am now using my case to store my perfumes and everyday jewelry. I just may use it on our next trip too! ;0)
I Love it! Have you fixed up an old vintage case? What did you do with it?

2 comments:

  1. The train case looks awesome. Grandma had used contact paper, it needed to be re-done. So I used some wall paper I had on hand. That was in the early 80's. Your paper color was great! Love how you displayed it too! I give it a 10+....
    Xoxo Your Mama at pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The train case looks awesome. Grandma had used contact paper, it needed to be re-done. So I used some wall paper I had on hand. That was in the early 80's. Your paper color was great! Love how you displayed it too! I give it a 10+....
    Xoxo Your Mama at pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(