-

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Heath Bar Cake

We were invited over to a friends house for dinner last night. We asked what we could bring and they said, dessert. Yeah! I LOVE to bake. I asked my husband what he would like me to bake and he said something with Heath Bars (he's been on a Heath Bar kick for a while now). So, I googled Heath Bar cake and read through a few recipes before deciding on the one I'm going to share with you today. The jr. youth group from our church was also having an all night rock-a-thon and had asked for desserts so I decided to just make this recipe in two 9in circle cakes pans instead of the 9x13 pan that it called for. It took a little finagling on one part of the recipe but came out great. Everyone at the dinner loved it and I've heard that the jr. youth loved it as well. It's an easy dessert to make and SO delicious! Give it a try!

Heath Bar Cake:

Ingredients:

  • 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
  • 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
  • 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
  • 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
  • 1 cup caramel ice cream topping (I like Smuckers)
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping
  • 3 -4 Heath candy bars, chopped
    (you can buy a bag of already chopped Heath bar for cheaper tha
    n the candy bars)

Directions:

Prep Time: 10 mins

Total Time: 40 mins

  1. 1 Bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
    (if you need two cakes, round cakes pans work great)
  2. 2 While still hot, punch holes in top of cake with a skewer or large fork.
  3. 3 Pour sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping over hot cake.
    (This is where you need to think on your toes if you use two round cake pans. The round cakes were higher in the middle so the caramel and SCM just went to the edges....)


    So, I just used the spatula and moved the liquid around till it was almost absorbed into the cake. I let it sit for a bit and then moved it around again. It worked pretty well to do it that way too.

  4. Let cake cool.

  5. Spread with whipped topping and sprinkle chopped Heath bars over all

  6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

I hope you can use this recipe for your next gathering or to just make for after dinner on a Tuesday night! Have a great week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(