-

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Meaty Spaghetti

 Doen't that just look DELISH???
I made this for the first time this week and I will definitely make it again. It was a real hit with my family!
I started out making just regular ole spaghetti and decided to go a little crazy. I'm glad I did. 

What you will need...
  • Lean Ground Turkey
  • Turkey Sausage
  • Mushrooms
  • Spinach
  • Salami
  • Minced Garlic
  • Garlic Salt
  • Fresh Ground Pepper
  • Your favorite Spaghetti sauce or your own homemade sauce

 First start by browning your ground turkey. Add in the mushrooms and spinach. Be generous with your spinach because they will cook down.
TIP... my kids ate this. It's a great way to sneak in some greens. LOL
 After cooking your turkey sausage, cut it up and add to the mix. Also add in some salami. I added about 12 slices of salami and 2 turkey sausages in mine.
 Finally add in your sauce. I will have to share my spaghetti recipe someday. It's a family favorite and includes ketchup. LOL Mix it up and let is simmer while you get the pasta ready.
Just look at how yummy that sauce looks! Makes me want to have it again tonight.
I just had to show the finished product again. I made some garlic bread to go with and topped my spaghetti with some grated parmesan.

If you make this, let me know what you think? Come back and share here.

5 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering already. I never thought of using salami in spaghetti but it sounds soo good. Spaghetti is my menu for next week and I will be trying your recipe. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delectable! I will have to try it! I love to sneak greens into stuff for myself and my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic! :) Yumm-o!
    & our family loves spaghetti! I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm! That looks SO good! I don't mind trying that...without the sausage and salami tho. I haven't had spaghetti in AWHILE! Got me thinking of whats for dinner this weekend...hmmm, I shall C! *smile* Happy Friday, ma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made your spaghetti recipe tonight, but I changed a few things. I used ground chuck and forgot about the sausage. But it was fabulous!!! I had to add garlic because we LOVE garlic. My love spaghetti and they ate theirs. It was nice to sneak in some veggies. ( my daughter never knew there were mushrooms in it!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(