-

Saturday, March 13, 2010

A little personal

So today's post is going to be a little personal.
Not personal like, embarrassing, just about us.

I have a good excuse for having no crafts to share,
no recipes for you to devour,
no places or movies to recommend
(although if you haven't seen,
The Hurt Locker or Avitar yet you need to.)

My creative mojo had left the building.
Until Thursday morning when I had the house to
MYSELF
for two glorious hours and I finally started feeling normal again.
Normal because this little one inside me
seemed to zap all my energy and creative thought processes.

Yes, I'm going to have another baby and I am so thrilled.
Our story goes something like this,
boy and girl meet in college, start dating,
get engaged and almost two years later get married.
Boy and girl move from Milwaukee to St. Louis
so that boy can go to Seminary to be a Pastor
in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
Girl works as youth director and starts
her photography business too.

Boy and girl go on vicarage in Indiana (like an internship)
and find out they're gonna add a little girl to the family.
Boy and girl move back to St. Louis and little girl is born.
Boy graduates from Seminary,
receives his first call to serve as an Associate Pastor
deep in the heart of Texas
over 1,300 miles from family and friends.

Boy, girl and little girl move to unknown city,
with unfamiliar people who soon become friends
and start their new life there.
Soon, they find out a little boy with join their family.
Little boy is truly all Texan.
Girl starts an etsy store to try and help make ends meet.

Boy and girl and little girl and little boy
enjoy the life that God has blessed them with.
When little girl turns 4 and little boy turns 2.5
they will welcome a new little one into the fold.

Boy and girl are blessed beyond imagination
by the Creator of the Universe.
His love abounds and it all around us,
in our family, in our church,
and in our loved ones 1,300 miles away.

Here's our Christmas card from this past year,
just so you can see all of us!
Here's our little girl, Naomi!
And our little boy, Micah...he loves to RAWR!
And a drawing that Naomi did of our family
or at least what it will be like in October!
There now you know a little more
about us and where I'm coming from.
Feel free to learn more about us on our family blog!

Now that I seem to be getting
my creative mojo back
I hope to have something
more fun for you next time!!!
Jamie's Signature #2

26 comments:

  1. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the third addition to your family! Don't worry about crafting right now, if you think about it your crafting something REALLY big!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! My daughter has been drawing our family with 5 now for a while too. When are you due? I am due in July

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWEET!!~ Congrats to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so wonderful! Congrats!... I love your Christmas card it is just beautiful! Did you take those pics.. they are fabulous.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! So good to read a little about you on the personal side :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Jamie! I sooo know what you mean about the creative mojo. There are times when I just sit in front of a blank canvas. Don't know what to paint. How can that be? Usually there's a huge laundry list.

    Then I do what you did and start appreciating my blessings. Another huge laundry list. Then I find inspiration & get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Jamie!!! How exciting. Can't wait to meet the new lil peanut. Now I get to update the team page to one lil miracle on the way. LOL
    I am so happy for you and your family.
    All the best, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!! That is wonderful. So happy for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. woo hoo! take it easy-you will be back to creating when your body lets yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, congratulations! I love that the baby is called peanut in that picture, so cute. BTW did you guys go to college in Milwaukee? I'm there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful family!

    Following you from Friday Follow. Appreciate a follow back:

    Ron

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! One more addition to your already beautiful family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I found you through one of your Friday followers. I'm following now too. We live in the metro St. Louis area! Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwww this is so sweet!!!! You have a beautiful family, congragulations on your new little one on the way :)
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  16. Also, I have something for you on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm an LCMS churchworker too! Crazy small world, eh?

    Love your pictures and blessings on your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats!! Your life sounds a little like mine....In the past 5 yrs we've lived in Virginia, North Carolina, Illinois, St.Louis and now Texas! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful family you have! :) Just out visiting on this rainy weekend! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was heart-warming! Your kids look precious :)

    Love that she called the baby-to-be "peanut"!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on the newcomer! What happy news! Your children are both beautiful (as you already know)...a lovely family. Thanks for getting personal with us! That's what makes blogging worth it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! A new life is always so fun and exciting! Good luck with your new addition.
    Rebecca of the R&W Gals

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and delivery!

    And thanks for sharing your story. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Everyone! We are super excited! just wanted to answer a couple of your questions!
    Emmy, congrats to you too! I am due October 13th so a few months after you!
    G-Zell, I did take those photos, except the one that I'm in :)
    Colleen, I know what you mean about inspiration! I'm starting to get it back and love it!
    Karisa, we did go to college in Milwaukee, we went to Concordia in Mequon, what about you?
    Jamie Lynn, small world, I'm a Jamie Lynn too and worked as a youth director for two years! I think we both know Tia P!
    Thanks again so much to everyone for your kind words! We are thrilled and will continue to keep you updated!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(