-

Saturday, March 2, 2013

easy, healthy, delicious cookies

This week we ate pretty clean and it's starting to come more naturally. I'm doing a better job at the grocery store and am getting more educated about what things are okay to eat and what we need to stay away from. I've been reading more about the tricky wording and what things are red flags on labels. The big one that I see a lot that I always thought was okay is "natural flavor" but that's not a good thing! I cannot believe that the "FDA is now trying to change the definition of "milk" so they can add chemical sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose can be used as optional ingredients and not listed on the ingredients label." Ridiculous!! What is this world coming to!! Anyway, I won't get on the soap box just wanted to share something real quick and easy with you!

I'm all about giving credit where credit is due...and I like to link to recipes rather than just posting the whole recipe because you really should go check out where the recipe came from...but this recipe is SO simple so I'm just going to tell you what it is. I just ask that if you'd like to "pin" this recipe that you go to the ORIGINAL source at the burlap bag and pin from there. 

These cookies are amazing, dairy free, wheat free, sugar free (unless you add chocolate chips of course) and you can customize them so easily to your own tastes!! Okay, so here it is...2 bananas and a cup of oatmeal and then mix in whatever you'd like...I like chocolate chips so that's what I added.

My review...they're delicious...well, that's because I added chocolate chips...not sure how they'll taste without the chocolate chips but I'm willing to give it a try. I baked them for 12 minutes and they were still a little gooey and chewy but there weren't any raw eggs or anything so I didn't worry about it. I will say that they were better shortly out of the oven rather than 6 hours later but they were still pretty good 6 hours later. I ate a bunch of them right away and let the kids have a couple and really it wasn't a big deal...it was just bananas oatmeal and a handful of chocolate chips. Add whatever you'd like, some walnuts, almonds, a little honey, vanilla, whatever...the skies the limit! 

Easy to put together, easier to eat!! Give them a try...you can thank me later for drawing your attention to the easiest and possibly one of the healthiest cookies out there. So delicious in fact that Hannah pulled up a chair and tried to scrape the left over cookie pieces off the cookie sheet (learn from me and remember to spray your cookie sheet...or use parchment paper!!).
\


I also wanted to share with you two more blogs that I follow that I forgot to mention last time...
Super Healthy Kids and Mama and Baby Love...both are GREAT resources for clean and healthy eating!


1 comment:

  1. I just cannot believe (well, I can) the comment about the milk :( I just might have to come out of "farm retirement". I have recently been looking in to eating more "healthy" so this recipe comes at an opportune time :) Thanks for sharing all the things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(