-

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Semi-Homemade Potato Soup

I made a delicious potato soup, shared it on instagram and was asked to share it on the blog. I didn't take a whole lot of photos, but it is pretty easy and YUMMY!
This is a semi-homemade soup. I like to keep things simple. LOL

....Ingredients needed....
Cream of Potato soup (2 cans)
Milk (2 cans, more if you like it thinner)
Butter
Potatoes shredded
Potatoes Diced or sliced
Red Onions
Bacon, Ham, Pancetta (your choice diced)
Dehydrated onions and garlic (add in desired amount)
Garlic Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Grated Cheese and Sour Cream if you like as an add in

Start by getting out a big pot and add in your Cream of Potato soup, milk, garlic salt, pepper, dehydrated onions/garlic and shredded potatoes. I used my Great-Grandmas Wonder Shredder. I love that thing!

Start heating your soup on low/medium heat.
While the soup is heating up I got out a pan and started cooking my meats. I added pancetta and diced ham into mine. I loved how it turned out! A lot of flavor. Once the meat was cooked, I added in some diced onions.  Once the onions were soft, I added the pan of ingredients to the soup mix. I did not drain the grease. There wasn't much and it added good flavor to the soup.
Also, while the soup was cooking, I took more potatoes, yes more, and sliced them up.  I added the sliced potatoes, some garlic salt and some butter into those handy Zip Loc Steamer bags until it was full.  I steamed them for 8 minutes and then added those potatoes to the soup. I love making potatoes in the steamer bags, they just taste amazing.

When you are all done with adding ingredients, just keep cooking on low/medium heat until ready to serve. Serve with grated cheese and sour cream on top.  If you like that of course. We also slice up some sour dough bread with butter spread on top to go with the soup. Great for dipping in the soup.
This soup is so good. If you try it, please come back and comment what you thought! I made a little more than I should. Always do! But I love this reheated too! Had this yummy dish available for a few days! ;0)

Hope your holidays were fun! I have been taking pics of what I have been working on, so I will be sharing more things soon!

1 comment:

  1. huh I have never seen it made that way very good looking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(