-

Saturday, March 12, 2011

St. Patty's cupcakes

I'm totally stealing this post from myself from last year.
But if you've seen my blog and have seen photos of my house lately
then you'd understand why.

These fun rainbow cupcakes are perfect for next week...
I don't think I'll be making them, so make and enjoy some for me.

But really you could make these anytime.
What a fun birthday cupcake this would make.
A special little surprise when they bite into it!

The cupcake was very easy to make,
and just a little bit messy!

What you need:
White cake mix
Food colors
Frosting

Just make the cake mix according to the directions on the box.
Then split the mix into 5 bowls
Add food coloring to each bowl to make
red (9 drops)
orange (4 red, 4 yellow)
yellow (7 drops)
green (7 drops)
blue (8 drops)
Then drop a spoonful of each color into a cupcake liner
(I like to spray my liners just a bit for easy removal)
Start with blue, then add green, yellow, orange and red.
I spread the colors out a bit so that they would reach the sides
but you don't really have to.
I love how you can see the color through the wrapper!Then I took my white whipped frosting and added
lots of yellow food coloring and one drop of red
to try and make "gold" frosting.
Close enough!Beautiful and delicious!Would love to see your version if you try these out!
The idea came from Family Fun!
My kids really liked them, last year...
hopefully we'll get around to doing something fun like this again sometime soon.
But for now...still packing boxes and getting things in order.
We will start our drive north next week,
so you probably won't hear from me for a while!
Thanks for all your encouraging words and advice...
I really appreciate it!
Prayers are appreciated too!!

2 comments:

  1. Kids = adorable
    Cupcakes = so colorful!
    I need to try this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drive Safe Jamie! My prayers are with you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(