-

Monday, November 22, 2010

How to Boil Chicken

So this week I was asked to make boiled chicken for my daughters class. They are making chicken soup for their Thanksgiving day party. No, no Turkey. LOL Chicken was easier to make in a smaller portion. So I thought I would share with you all how I make my boiled chicken and how to use the stock for your soup base.


What you will need...
  • Chicken Breast Pieces (5-8)
  • 1 Small Chopped Onion
  • Minced Garlic (2 teaspoons)
  • Chicken Broth (to taste)
  • Water
In a pot, add the Chicken Breast, Chopped Onion and Minced Garlic. Next you want to add some chicken broth. A nice starter for taste. Then add water till the chicken is completely covered.

Boil on high for the first 10 minutes. Once it gets to a good boil, lower to medium heat for about 40 minutes. Then again lower to the lowest heat for another 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.

You can test your chicken by cutting into it. There will be no pink. It will be white throughout.


Now you can removed your boiled chicken and eat as is or shred. Add some shredded chicken back into the pot with some fresh veggies for a delicious soup. I like to add diced carrots, celery, potatoes and peas to mine. You can even add rice to make it more hearty.



1 comment:

  1. huh. I always just boiled it! In water. Plain. And then shredded it or whatever for my recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(