-

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Car Cozy Tutorial

I've seen these car cozies all over blog land...
and I figured I needed to make one too.
I made two right away, one for a birthday present
and one for my son...
So, here's my take on the car cozy.

I used the freezer paper stencil number fabric for my "garages".Then I freezer paper stenciled some yellow dashes onto black fabric.I sewed the numbered fabric to the bottom of the green fabric,
and sewed lines to separate each little numbered spot.
Then I sewed the black road onto the green fabric as well.Then I painted little lakes in the top corner in case the little boy has boats too.
Once the front is done simply sew it right sides together with the back fabric
leaving a spot for turning,
and don't forget to add some ribbon or elastic (that's what I used) near the pockets area
so you have some way to keep it all rolled up when it's not being played with.I also did top stitch around the whole thing,
just makes it a little sturdier!Here's the back...found this in the remnant bin at JoAnn's,
I love 40% off fabric!So, all in all pretty simple.
But pretty cool. The little boys love it!
But next time I'm going to make it smaller,
so that it will travel to church easier!

Would love to see your take on this one as well!


Check out where I am linking this fun project here!

8 comments:

  1. Cute! Whatcha got for Barbies? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have made several of these using Jill's tutorial at homemadebyjill
    I really like how they turned out. I did not put #s on mine though.
    Something for Barbie would be nice! I have made a purse style one for Polly Pockets that can be used for littlest pet shop too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! wish i had a boy to make one for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the curvy road and lake! It's so fun to see all the variations on this project!
    I made a car caddy for my son and he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I made one with jills tut too! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! My little guy would love this! I'll have to add it the To Do List!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking more fun stuff to Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(